Empower Yourself with a Boudoir/Portrait Photo Shoot
Society seems overloaded with images and ideas what it means to look perfect, sexy and beautiful. Just because you are not a size 2 or weigh a certain amount doesn’t make you any less beautiful than another person. Beauty is so much more than skin deep; it is our personalities, experiences, self-confidence and outlook on life that truly makes us beautiful.
While this concept is often easier said than done, there are many ways to feel beautiful again.
1. Sit up straight and walk with proper posture. There was a study done by the European Journal of Social Psychology that found subjects who sat up straight in their chairs were more confident. Think about it, if boosted confidence is a factor of feeling beautiful and slouching decreases confidence…you should stop slouching!
2. Find the things you love about yourself and focus on those features. When you draw attention away from your “flaws” and focus on your best attributes, you will see your own beauty easier than if you were to focus on your “flaws”. For the record, flaws are only flaws if you make them into something negative.
3. Smile. Yes, it is that easy! Professor Paul Ekman PhD, at the University of California San Francisco School of Medicine, showed that smiling lifts the muscles around your eyes and lips, which will make you look younger. It also creates a “ripple-effect” where you brain gets a mood boost from the muscle contractions and that boost only increases as people smile back at you. You cannot argue with science…and don’t forget, a smile looks good on everyone!
4. Have a photo shoot for yourself. No, you aren’t conceited in wanting a sexy boudoir shoot for yourself; in fact you’re showing your inner strength and confidence. If you are less than confident in your appearance, make it known to your boudoir or portrait photographer. When discussing poses and settings, talk about your feelings regarding your appearance with your photographer, we are professionals trained to bring inner beauty and sex appeal out in photos and accentuate the outer beauty’s best attributes. Boudoir shoots and glamour shots are a good idea because it allows you to see the angles and views of yourself that you can’t normally see. When you see every inch of yourself in your boudoir and glamour pictures, you can love every inch of yourself.
5. Surround yourself with positive people. You are the company you keep, and if you surround yourself with people who constantly criticize their own looks and appearances, you’ll do the same to yourself. Spend time with people who are confident with their bodies and how they look and you will follow suit.
Feeling beautiful takes effort, but it’s worth it. When you feel beautiful, you’ll love yourself more and when you love yourself, your life becomes more positive. Happy and positive people are not only more successful, but they live longer too. So, embrace who you are, embrace your outer appearance and most of all, accept the things you cannot change with open arms.
Book your shoot today and realize how baeutiful you really are. That is what we hear over and over again from clients that having the shoot helped them feel sooooo great on so many levels!!! Whether you are an actress, an mother, an accountant, a lawyer, a doctor you owe it to yourself to come and do this for yourself!!!
I am so so so excited because VALENTINES DAY IS SOON! Everyone at The Boudoir Café loves this holiday – and, with a little boudoir photo magic, you definitely will, too!
The Boudoir Café is currently booking for #ValentinesDay. Tired of the boring old chocolate and flowers for your bae? Want to make him more warm and bubbly than Champagne? Surprise him with the sexiest #VDayGift… Some sexy, professional pics of you from The Boudoir Café!!
If you book now, The Boudoir Café can get that sexy little gift put into any kind of high-quality package you want: album, gilded portrait, even holograms… And much more! Just contact us and ask.
Bring your lingerie, your highest heels, and your natural, sexy, self and we’ll take care of the rest. We’ll pamper you, do your hair and makeup, teach you the hottest and most flattering poses (which you are more than welcome to take to the bedroom with you), and create a beautiful, unique, intimate portrait of you that your #bae will drool over.
Book a boudoir photo shoot with Boudoir Café and throw those February 14 dinner plans away… You’re going to want to stay in the bedroom after he sees these photos.
Hugs and kisses,
I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday season and A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR.
But just because the holiday season is over doesn't mean that gift-giving is over!
A very, very important holiday is coming up... Valentine's Day!
And while we at The Boudoir Cafe like chocolate and flowers and wine and dine as much as any other girl... We believe in something a little more sexy is preferable for this romantic holiday.
Sure, you can treat yourself and your man to some boudoir photos as a #VDay surprise... OR you can suggest he give you (and himself!) a gift by buying a boudoir photography session at The Boudoir Cafe.
GUYS, this is the best gift you can give your girl! It will make her feel sexy and powerful and beautiful -- and all right before the biggest, sexiest holiday of the year. Also, what could be better than a sexy picture of your girl? Oh, right: a sexy picture of your girl that lasts forever.
The Boudoir Cafe has gift certificates available now. Book in the next few days to guarantee that you receive your beautifully bundled and personally framed boudoir photos by February 14.
More exciting news!! Hedley and I will be speaking at the 2016 Wedding & Portrait Photography International Expo! And NOT ONLY will we be speaking, we will be teaching a MASTER CLASS.
The Boudoir Café’s class, “The Crazy, Sexy Art of Boudoir!”, will be in session on Wednesday, March 9 from 3:30 to 5:30PM! The WPPI expo will be held at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas from March 7th through 9th this year.
This is very special because WPPI expo master classes are super intimate and super hard to come by. The master class is a two-hour, hands-on session where we will teach you everything you need to know about boudoir photography. From lingerie to lighting to makeup to posing and much, much more, you will not want to miss this! VERY fun and VERY informative.
RSVP NOW to guarantee a spot! Master classes are limited to 50 participants and are add-ons when you register for the expo. Visit wppionline.com to find out more and to register.
SEE YOU IN VEGAS!
Alright, we know Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Which means… That’s right, so is #Christmas!
The Boudoir Café knows how difficult it is to pick out a #gift for your special someone. After all, what do you get someone who already has everything? (And, by “everything,” we mean you, darling.)
Shopping on Black Friday poses the risk of injury. Buying a #gift on another day during the holiday season is just tedious. Plus, there is always the risk that you get a #gift that your partner won’t even like. It happens. We know. But it doesn’t lessen the sting of giving your soul mate something they did not like.
The Boudoir Café has a pretty awesome #Christmas #gift suggestion: a special, sexy, boudoir photo package.
Girls, this is definitely a #gift he will love; and, with The Boudoir Café experience, it is a #gift that you’ll have fun giving, too! And guys, if you get her a Boudoir Café photo package for Christmas it is a double #gift for you too! Not only did you buy your girl a pampering and beauty day to make her (and you) so happy – but you also bought unique, lust-worthy photos to last for many Christmases to come.
This is one #gift that really really keeps on giving!
Even though we’re in LA, we can create some beautiful wintertime memories. Backdrops can include snowy landscapes, Santa’s workshop – anything your heart desires! (And it doesn’t even have to be holiday-themed… Though it certainly is in keeping with the spirit that it is!) Hedley and I make sure to sit down with you to talk about exactly what you want the final result to look like.
Book a Boudoir Café experience today to get your photography #gift package by the time the holidays come around!
Until then, remember: you can be naughty and nice – and still make it on Santa’s list, even twice. Especially if you give the adorable elves at Boudoir Café a call.