We recently went to Thailand to shoot a fabulous destination wedding. There are so many fun facts about this wedding. To start our stylish and beautiful Bride Jenai is actually our Bride because we shot her first wedding many years ago. We shot that wedding at the Biltmore Hotel in Downtown LA!! The wedding was an Indian/American wedding and was really over the top!!. Jenai has a sense of style in her dress and in decor. We took wonderful photos and her mother just loved the album we produced. Unfortunately or fortunately that marriage dissolved and Jenai ended up marrying a man that had loved her for many years and he came back after he heard Jenai had gotten a divorce and he wooed her and Jenai said yes. They are the perfect couple with so much in common and Jonathan adores Jenai. it was wonderful to see that after her first marriage she more than landed on her feet. She was going to marry a man that she loved and was well suited for her!!
Then came the question. Will you shoot our second wedding. yes of course Jenai. But it in Thailand. We said even better so went on an Asian tour and shot the wedding. It was all very magical from the wedding in beautiful Krabi to stopping to see friends and family in Manila and stopping in Hong Kong one of my favorite cities in the world. Was good to be bak to Hong Kong again after so many years!
It was also so nice to see many familiar faces from the first wedding. Jenai's parents were nothing but complimentary on how we shot that wedding and Jenai's mother kept the album. It is her favorite book!! A very nice compliment I must admit.
it is always magical to go to a distant land full of magical people and landscapes. The other thing that was so fun is that they got married on the exact spot that Hangover 2. The wedding scene was filmed exactly where the ceremony was and that was also magical!
The day was very hot but the wedding went off without a hitch and the baby elephant for the guests at the cocktail hour was really a cool addition!!
Here are a few pics from that magical wedding and experience!
Our secret in turning over great wedding photographs – revealed!
By Cherie Steinberg
Photography is more than just capturing photos – it’s a form of artistry. Since I started photography, I love how I can turn ordinary sceneries to beautiful works of art. Fine art and my experience in high fashion taught me how to make a woman look her best in a photograph. The dresses, shoes, and other glamorous accessories a woman can wear enhance that artistic feel I want to achieve. This is why I love to shoot boudoir and weddings!
We created a unique style of making a woman to be wed look like a fashion model or a Playboy bunny during her wedding day. Aside from this style, we are absolutely hands-on with our clients – we spend time with them and usually, we become the best of friends. This relationship bring us to be their partners in every milestone of their life, including shooting for their kids’ birthday parties.
Wedding photography is not an easy task for us. It’s not just a process of us going to the venue to take photos. We train the couple on our role in the wedding and mentor them how they can help us take the best photos. In short, it’s not a one-day affair for us. It takes time to build the relationship so that our vision – the couple’s and our’s – will be realized.
Our hands-on style cannot be compromised by any other factors like the pains of post-processing. At a single wedding, we shoot hundreds of photos from multiple cameras of our team. It’s a nightmare to meet deadlines and at the same time photograph another wedding!
We have one great secret that helps us in creating wedding photographs: we have a partner that helps us with post-processing. We have been outsourcing our post-processing work for several years already. It’s not a team here in the US – we have been employing the work of ImagePerfekt, a team based in the Philippines. All the grunt work of post-processing, including image culling, photo retouching, and color corrections are done professionally.
It’s not just your ordinary retouching team. Here are a couple of benefits that our team have been experiencing from ImagePerfekt:
1. The team is composed of artists and photographers. They don’t make photos look presentable to the general public – they make photos great according to the standards of a photographer. With their ability, they can pick the best photos when doing image culling. Plus, as artists, they also have the ability to manipulate photos to resemble paintings. That’s how good they are!
2. They are efficient and help you meet deadlines. Quick turnaround is helpful for a photographer trying to meet deadlines and fortunately, ImagePerfekt accomplishes this in just 1-2 days. You can also ask them to turn over the photos sooner if it’s a rush request.
3. They have vast experience. One of the worries of a photographer in outsourcing their post-processing requirements is the experience of the retouching team. ImagePerfekt have been working with several well-known photographers in the United States, including myself. They would know exactly what you need when requesting for a retouched photo so it is so easy to work with them again and again!
4. Flexibility. ImagePerfekt doesn’t stop when they finish retouching your photos. There are times when I had to request them to edit the photo until they get what I was trying to achieve. They provide one to two revisions without additional charge.
5. Great team to work with! With their experience, they know how to deal with clients and are always professional. Their friendliness is an added bonus. It’s always a pleasure to work with them at all times!
You can check them out by going to their website: www.imageperfekt.com or directly upload your photos at http://portal.imageperfekt.com
Another wonderful year of amazing wedding photography, boudoir photography, fabulous weddings and all kinds of fun and interesting projects, it seems that the Nikon quote calling us some of the greatest wedding photographers in the country has been such a blessing for us and over the past few years we have been able to do really only people that have become friends over the years and then finally got married. Some celebrity weddings not able to post, other clients that we love and have grown to call family here in LA. I wanted to revisit some of those weddings and show the outstanding photograhy that we were able to do with the help of all the couples that we were so lucky to be able to spend their most precious wedding day with and capture the love and the excitement.